Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a vertebral subluxation?
Your nervous system includes your brain and all your nerves. This system controls everything in your body and sends messages through your spine. Therefore, having a spine free of vertebral subluxations is essential to optimal health. Only chiropractic adjustments detect and remove vertebral subluxations.
- I’ve never been adjusted before, what should I expect?
- Do adjustments hurt?
- Is my child too young to be adjusted?
During a natural childbirth, when your infant is effaced (head down) and uterine contractions begin, pressure is placed on your newborn’s head and neck to be pushed through the cervix. During a C-section, the surgeon is taught to remove your newborn from the uterus with a “whiplash-like” motion. These facts cause all newborn spines to be placed under considerable stress during the birth process.
Adjustments are tailored to younger spines, are very low force and specific to your child’s individual needs. Throughout all stages of life, from birth to death, everyone should be checked for spinal subluxations.
- I’m scared to get my neck adjusted. Is it safe?
- Why should I get adjusted if I don't have any pain?
- Besides back/neck pain, what does chiropractic help with?
“The adjustment is communication through touch, between the Chiropractor’s intelligence and practice partner’s innate using the nervous system as the transmission medium.” – Dr. Holder
- What does it mean when someone says they are out of alignment? Can your spine just go out of alignment?
- Why does Thrive have a longer appointment time than other offices I’ve been to?
- What is Spyderwall?